North Central Region Cadet Honor Academy
3-5 November 2017
Camp Ripley, MN
Description: The mission of the Cadet Honor Academy program is to prepare cadets to serve on color guards and honor guards while simultaneously furthering their individual character development. By training cadets on the finer points of Air Force-style drill and ceremonies, the Cadet Honor Academy imparts timeless values of patriotism, community service, ethical leadership, and personal honor.
We also train these individuals to share with their own squadron, giving them the quality instruction needed to help create their squadron’s Color Guard and Honor Guard program. Seniors are welcome to attend as well!
Cadets will be enrolled in the NCR CHA program for the length of the activity.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the minimum requirements to attend?
- All cadets with the grade of C/Amn or higher are eligible to participate. Competency (proficiency) in basic drill is a must (i.e., facings, flanks, columns, etc.) Cadet airmen and NCOs with fewer than two years’ CAP service are the primary audience. Completion of an encampment is not a pre-requisite. Seniors are welcome and encouraged to attend as students. Level 1 is required for Senior Members.
What is the cost of the event?
- $35, payable by check
What forms are required?
How do I register?
To register, you must complete the following two steps:
- Complete the Contact Information Form (Link)
- Mail ALL required forms and a $35 check made out to NCR CAP to the following address:
Lt Col Bonnie Braun
PO Box 387
Osakis, MN 56360
Registration will not be considered complete until ALL forms and the check have been mailed.
What travel details do I need to know?
- All attendees are responsible for their own transportation to Camp Ripley. Sign in for the NCR CHA students will take place from 1700 – 1900. All NCR CHA students will sign in wearing ABU’s or BDU’s.
- Graduation will be at 1000 on Sunday, 5 Nov 17. Spectators are welcome.
- NCR CHA Student out-processing will begin at approximately 1100 on 5 Nov 17 following graduation.
- Use of the facilities will conclude at approximately 1200 following staff out-processing.
What do I bring?
What if I want a refund?
- Refunds are available until 27 October 2017. Contact the Activity Director with any further inquiries regarding refunds.