The learning environment at Flight Academy is specially designed for cadets! The low instructor-to-student ratio provides opportunities for mentoring and individual attention.
Participants in powered flight academies receive up to 10 hours of “hands on” flight time learning the basics of flying a Cessna 172, with 25 hours of ground instruction, and the opportunity to fly as an observe, to shorten the learning curve when other cadets receive instruction.
Requirements and Recommendations
- We recommend you have a FAA Type 3 Medical Certificate completed prior to attending a powered flight academy.
- How do I find a doctor to get a Student pilot certificate? http://www.faa.gov/pilots/amelocator/
- ORIGINAL Birth Certificate / Unexpired Passport
- Please follow the following link for information regarding why you must bring ORIGINAL birth certificate or UNEXPIRED VALID US passport. http://www.aopa.org/tsa_rule/uscitizen.html
- US Citizenship
- If you are not a US citizen, please contact the activity director when you are slotted for the information you need to participate @ NFAP-NCR.
- Cadets that have earned the Wright Brothers Award are encouraged to apply for the Col Mary Feik Flight Scholarship to help pay for this activity!
- Cadets that have earned the Billy Mitchell Award are encouraged to apply for the Col Feik and other flight scholarships to help pay for this activity!